Thus far on this trip everything we’d been led to believe has been wrong. Here’s a quiz based on our experiences. Answer true or false to the following questions:
- Border crossings are a reason for officials to extort bribes, needlessly hassle you and try and make you cry.
- Romania is full of people impersonating police that will pull you over and steal all your stuff.
- The police in <choose your country> target foreign vehicles, pull you over and fine you on the spot for imaginary infractions.
- In Kazakhstan your tires will be torn to shreds within 50 km of the border.
- In <choose your country> it is a really unsafe to leave your vehicle unattended for any length of time.
- There is no gas anywhere and you have to carry gallons, sorry, litres, of your own.
- Russia is very dangerous and everyone is a <choose from the following>: terrorist, mafiosi, drug dealer, communist.
- People like Americans in this part of the world.
- It is unsafe to drive at night under any circumstances.
- Europe has only one song.
Answers can be found here: EYKIW